Re: Graduate Schools

I would recommend looking at the University of Michigan's School of Information (SI), which has had a
dedicated Archives and Records Management program for a number of years now.

http://www.si.umich.edu/academics/arm.htm

The program has 3 full-time archives faculty (Margaret Hedstrom, Beth Yakel, David Wallace), which is
more than any other school in the country (Eric Ketelaar, visiting professor from the Netherlands
bumps the current year total up to 4 faculty).

There are numerous practical experience opportunities associated with the school, including possibly
working at the Bentley Historical Library.

I went through the Master's program at SI, and I'm now a doctoral student here.  During the time in
between, I held a job for which SI did an excellent job preparing me.

As for rankings, you can also look at:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/beyond/gradrank/gbinfsp1.htm

It's easy to take issue with some of their selection criteria, but the list gives you at least one
fairly good picture of what some of the top schools are.

 Cal Lee
 University of Michigan
 School of Information
 Phone: 734-647-0505
 http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~calz/
 "How can I know what I think because I forgot what I said?"
                                         - Karl Weick, 1979