Temporary Suspension of Services

***Please excuse any cross-postings.***

To our colleagues:

Since September 1999, the Amon Carter Museum has
undergone major renovation that will more than triple the
size of the galleries displaying the museum's collection
of American art. The library, archives, and art storage
areas have also benefited from the expansion, and a
paper conservation lab has been created. During the
renovation, staff and collections have been housed in
interim facilities.

To accommodate our move to the new museum and
preparations for the reopening in October 2001, a number
of ongoing services will be temporarily suspended, as
listed below. While we regret any inconvenience this may
cause you and your institution, we look forward to offering
improved services and facilities when we reopen. Check
for updates and further information on the construction at
the museum's Web site: http:\\www.cartermuseum.org

Registrars:

· Art shipments in and out: suspended from 5/1/01 to
11/1/01
· Collection access for external researchers: suspended
from 4/2/01 to 11/1/01
· Loan requests: suspended from 5/1/01 to 11/1/01
· Reproduction requests: suspended from 5/1/01 to 11/1/01

Library and Archives:

· Archival services for external researchers: suspended
from 4/2/01 to 11/1/01
· Library services for external researchers: suspended
from 4/2/01 to 11/1/01
· Outgoing interlibrary loan requests: suspended from
4/2/01 to 11/1/01

Education:

· Teacher Resource Center services: suspended from
4/2/01 to 11/1/01
· Guided tours: suspended from 6/11/01 to 10/21/01
· Teacher in-service training programs: suspended from
5/1/01 to 11/1/01

Karin Strohbeck
Archives/Library
Amon Carter Museum