Re: RAIN: Weather forecast

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your always informative and often
amusing posts.  Have a great vacation.

A question for you - either before you leave or after
you come back.  To what do you credit the increase in
the number of articles in RAIN? I know there are more
newspapers online, but so many papers fill their pages
with material from the wire services these days that
the number of original articles probably isn't much
greater than it was a decade ago.  (Somebody ought to
take that up with a journalism class, but that's a
whole separate issue.)

Is it because more is being written about the subject
of late or are the search engines are getting better?
Improved search engines are nice but perhaps archives
and archivists are not as overlooked and forgotten as
we sometimes think we are.

Here's wishing you great greens and pleasant caddies.

Judy Turner
Milwaukee Public Museum

--- "Kurilecz, Peter"