Re: cute reference request

A few months ago, we received a request from a cheerleader/flag-waving
marching-type group in Texas, who wanted "information on the Holocaust" so
they could put together a half-time show on the subject at their college
football game.

We threw up our hands at this lack of knowledge or sensitivity for history,
which we don't encounter in the New York City area.  More sad than cute or
funny. We swallowed hard, sent them a serious reply, gave them references,
thanked them for wanting to find out more about the topic and hoped that
they would gain some knowledge and understanding. We also suggested local
resources and what to ask for in their basic research route (which their
faculty advisor should have known, I would have thought).

Gunnar Berg, YIVO Archivist