From: Carolyn McClurkan [mailto:carolynm@TSCNET.COM]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 12:01 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: 1870's Sermons

Hello, fellow listservers,

One of my friends is going through family papers; she has found the
hand-written sermons of her great-grandfather, who was J. M. Drake (the J.
may be for Joshua).  All other relatives are deceased, so she wants to give
them to a good home.  She believes that he went to Oberlin College; he was
a chaplain with an Ohio regiment during the Civil War (the papers have at
least one letter he wrote home) and then, she believes, he was a circuit
rider; he also believes that he was a Presbyterian.

Her main concern is that they go to a good home.  Anybody recommend a
suitable archives?

Thanks for the help.

Carolyn McClurkan