Help wanted.....

Sometimes you just have to wonder....

Have you ever had someone in your reading room with "the attitude"?  You
know what I am talking about....the scowling, stoic silence that speaks
volumes of "you can't possibly know anything, so I wont tell you what my
topic is.  I will just mindlessly request collection after collection, take
a brief look at the contents, and then send them back with disgust..."
Usually they have incomplete citations to something that SOMEONE saw in your
shop years ago, and they imply that you cannot find it for them because you
are a nincompoop...

Every shop has customers like this, and I am blessed with my fair share
here.  My reference interview with these people is usually like a visit to
the dentist; I'd pull the tooth if I could only get my pliers on it.  I have
learned to smile when I am insulted, grovel when I am reprimanded, and
retrieve when I am asked, all in the name of public service.  The customer
is always right in my book, even when they are so unpleasant.

What I find particularly interesting in considering these folks is their
reluctance/refusal to use any of the electronic indices that we have
available.  How about you?  Do your RWA (researchers with attitude) also
have an aversion to the computers we are all so much in love with?

Kim (glad to be back) Scott