1903 Locomotive

We have been asked to find out what kind of locomotive came to Irving,
Texas, the day the town was founded, December 19, 1903.  It was a special
train from Dallas.  The track belonged to the Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf
Railway.  We have begun looking for this, but no luck so far.  Any pointers?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.  Best wishes!

Jan Hart, CA, CRM
Irving Archives, Irving Public Library
P.O. Box 152288
Irving, Texas 75015-2288