Re: FW: Civil War Bullets

I have to jump on the wagon with Kim.  We are not talking about a lot of black powder.  If you are displaying only several cartridges then you are at best talking about only ounces of powder.  The only way that it will cause a problem is if you have a fire, then those few ounces of black powder are the least of you worries.

Neil Carmichael
Archivist
Initial Processing and Declassification Division
National Archives and Records Administration

>>> Mark Walsh <gmw@EXECULINK.COM> 04/04/01 02:27PM >>>
A point to consider...

As an historical re-enactor who keeps black powder (although fairly
recently produced) I can tell you that its presence on-site makes insurance
companies VERY nervous.

Before considering displaying it in any fashion, check your policy...and
you might want to consult with your insurance agent just to make things
chrystal clear about coverage.

Mark (War of 1812 British Indian Department) Walsh