Wyoming Archives History

I am currently engaged in an investigation of the development of Wyoming
Archives and Historical Preservation since our Statehood in 1890, plus our
unique situation as the Women's Suffrage State.

I am finding a strange, indeed, tense paradox between those men and many
women--concerned with saving Wyoming's records, manuscripts, and historic
artifacts--in conflict with those (mainly men) in positions of power at the
local, county, and state level of government and other state funded
institutions. As Wyoming's citizenry wanted to archive and preserve our
history, Wyoming's established institutions said, "Fine, but not on our
nickle."

I see curious hierarchical relationships in conflict as well as gender
related conflict with regard to archives and historic preservation.  Are
women generally ready to "scrap" for archives and records preservation more
than men in Wyoming?  In any state?

Is this the case for other states, or is it peculiar to Wyoming?

My immediate concern is for Wyoming's neighboring states--Colorado, Utah,
Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, and  Nebraska.  However, any leads on whether
or not this existed (or still exists) for any other state would certainly
be welcome, and totally quotable in my own research.

Thank you for your feedback.