Confectioners Content

Doughnut or Donut?  The hole question has yet to be answered....

I am wondering if there is a parallel between the bashing of Mr. Baker's
writings and the ingestion of deep fat fried sugar flour?  After all, one
might theorize the strident defenses of electronic libraries have, at their
core, a hyperactive boost from eating too many sweets.

Without shame, I can say I certainly share Mr. Baker's nostalgia for the
library of yesterday.  Without the slightest bit of smugness I can add that
I think if the future holds any place for the preservation of that kind of
library, it is within the periphery of our profession.  I will be much more
happy as a curator in the museum of the book than I will be as a waiter in
the Internet café...

Enough of this wishful thinking....I have to get back to scanning!

Kim "still keeps his 3 x 5 notecards from grad school" Scott