Re: Microfilm and Mr. Baker on Slate

Perhaps I phrased that poorly. What I meant was that if one is interested in the subject matter, research is rarely tedious. It is when one is researching something that one is not excited by that the research can become tedious, especially if the medium (microform, large ledgers, or whatever) one is using for the research is difficult to use, either because it's hard to read, heavy to carry and leaving crumbs of decayed leather on ones clothes, etc.  Of course, the other half of this is, even if one is interested in the subject matter, if one is not actually finding information in the sources, the research becomes tedious.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> "Heather Willever-Farr" <hwillever-farr@mail.acponline.org> 04/20/01 12:01PM >>>
It's the subject matter that makes research tedious? I hope that was just a misstatement.