Re: More on N. Baker and Double Fold

I was doing some checking on Baker's title and looked
at amazon to see what they had on it.  Maybe it will
fuel the fire too much, but I think all of us should
take a look at the reviews submitted by the general
public that has read this book.  They are not very
forgiving to us in the profession and maybe we need to
realize that whether we think we are doing right or
not, Baker is probably all most people have ever heard
on the subject.  Debating amongst ourselves is good,
but we must find ways to make sure our patrons and the
public understand that we have research behind our
decisions and we try to do the best we can with the
resources available.  I do not have a solution, maybe
the debate should turn to how to get our message out
instead of just whether someone is right or wrong.

Jennifer Jones
Reference Librarian
North Augusta, SC

=====