cleaning exhibit cases

I have just begun ny new, and first, position as
archivist, curator and historian...bottle washer etc.
One of my first objectives is to find out how to care
for the myriad materials housed here.  Is there a
proper way to clean the glass on exhibit cases?  Is
there something that can be used on them both on the
exterior and interior to keep the glass clean and
smudge-free so that visitors can enjoy the displays?

These are old wooden and glass cases that have
separate locks and inside lights (UV shields are in
place).  There are no environmental controls (yet) in
place so the room and the cases are at the mercy of
the unairconditoned, heated area.

Please respond to me at suni_k_j@yahoo.com

Thank you,

=====
Suni K. Johnson
Director of Archives and History
Baltimore/Washington Conference, United Methodist Church
Lovely Lane Museum
2200 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
(410) 889-4458