Re: Graduate Assistant Stipends

--- Herb Hartsook <HERB@GWM.SC.EDU> wrote:
> I'm curious about the stipends graduate assistants
> receive working in archival repositories.  If you
> employ such students, are currently a GA working in
> a repository, or recently worked as a GA, could you
> please share:
>
> The amount of your stipend,
$6.25 PER HOUR WORKED

> The number of hours worked,
20 HOURS PER WEEK

> The duration of your assistantship,
UNTIL I GRADUATE, QUIT, ARE FIRED, OR REPLACE MY BOSS

> And note any other relevant information.
THE ASSISTANTSHIP IS THROUGH THE LIBRARY NOW,BUT
USUALLY THROUGH THE HISTORY DEPARTMENT.  ONLY
ASSISTANTSHIP THAT PAYS LESS THAN $8 PER HOUR AND ONLY
ASSISTANTSHIP THAT DOES NOT HAVE A TUITION
REIMBURSEMENT.  YEAR-ROUND (FISCAL YEAR JUL-JUN)

Russell D. James
History Graduate Student and Archivist-in-Training
University of West Florida
Pensacola, Florida