EAD

Currently we plan to put our finding aids online.  I realize that EAD is the method approved by the SAA but would like to receive input from archivists regarding the use of EAD.

I've tried viewing EAD encoded finding aids in SGML but have not been successful in downloading the browser or opening the file.  I noticed many  of the institutions that use EAD encoding, offer both HTML and SGML for viewing.

If your institution only uses the SGML, do you receive email from users who are unable to access the finding aids?  Please share the positive and negative aspects for both browsers and recommendations from implementation experiences.

Thanks,

Ellen Zazzarino

ezazzar@denver.lib.co.us