Re: Water "incidents"

Another good site is New York University's disaster handbook template. It has a lot of common information about disaster planning with a "fill in the blanks" approach for adding your own institution's specific information:

http://www.nyu.edu/library/bobst/research/preserv/displan/toc.htm

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Michael McColgin <mimccol@DLAPR.LIB.AZ.US> 05/10/01 02:11PM >>>
For those who haven't any idea of where to start in creating a disaster
plan, you might check my website at
http://www.lib.az.us/archives/conservation.htm. I created both generic
disaster plans with smaller institutions in mind, but they're a good
starting place. I did a teleconference on disaster planning a couple of
years ago for the College of DuPage, and the video is available from the
American Library Association for $95 (ISBN 0-8389-5769-2). Nope, I receive
no royalties. The tape is reviewed in Technicalities, Volume 20 Number 6,
November/December 2000.