NATIONAL ARCHIVES RELEASES RESEARCHER TOPICS LIST

NATIONAL ARCHIVES RELEASES RESEARCHER TOPICS LIST
by Michael Ravnitzky , mikerav@ix.netcom.com

The National Archives has quickly and efficiently released an electronic
copy of the list of research topics as gathered during the registration of
patrons.  This is only a list of research topics --- the names and other
identifying information about the researchers themselves has been stripped
out.  Still, it makes fascinating reading and gives a good overview of one
of the primary uses to which our greatest national treasure is being put.

The list of research topics, encompassing about 16,000 records is in a large
but manageable Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, I would be happy to send by
email to anyone who is interested.

I also have obtained another Excel Spreadsheet with the user statistics,
such as records pulls, photocopies, film duplication, etc. for the National
Archives for the past six months.  I will also send a copy of this second
spreadsheet by email to anyone who wants a copy.

While mentioning this, I would also like to praise the fantastic facility
and staff at Archives II in College Park, Maryland, which I have had a
couple of opportunities to use.

If you want a copy of either or both of these interesting spreadsheets, DO
NOT HIT RETURN, instead send me a note at

mjr@amlaw.com

Michael Ravnitzky