From: "Sharon Centanne" <centans@TAMPABAY.RR.COM>
To: <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 3:27 PM
Subject: Stop Cheney

> I hope you'll join me in supporting a sound energy policy, rather than the
Bush-Cheney team's proposed giveaways to their oil buddies.

>    http://www.moveon.org/stopcheney/
>
> Electricity and gasoline price are skyrocketing and energy companies are
taking record profits.  What's the administration's response?

> Instead of challenging monopolies run amok, Cheney has come up with an
innovative three point plan: rape, burn and pillage.  Rape the environment.
Burn fossil fuels 'til we choke.  Pillage the consumer's pocket book.

> This is simply wrong.  The keys to a sensible long-term policy are
conservation, efficiency, and aggressive development of renewable energy
sources.  We don't have to wreck the environment to live well.