Re: Sharon Centanne's STOP CHENEY email to list

Lucinda,

 Perhaps I was not clear. I have political opinions. I share them often,
even at work. I believe opinions should be shared on this list IF they
relate to the profession, such as governmental funding for archives for
example. I do NOT let my views on the environment, abortion, gun control,
etc., influence my work nor do I share them on this list. Sure I can
delete what I do not want to read, I just want to have to delete as little
as possible.

 Let's take an example. You may recall that during the contested election
in Florida there was a discussion on the list dealing with state and
federal laws related to the retention of ballots. Here you had a highly
charged and emotional issue being examined in the light of archival and
records practice. It was a great discussion and list members learned
something about election records. Did we debate who won the election? No.
Did we debate who was the better candidate? No. All I am saying is that
there are other places to do that.

 Steve