Fiche Carrier 5

If anyone has an old, operable Minolta 605Z  Fiche Carrier 5 (no, not a
quintet that totes fish to market...sorry, couldn't help myself, what with
all the road songs givin' me a hankering to hit the road, Hitch(ing) a Ride
(Cliff Richard), maybe go by Trains, and Boats and Planes (who did that
one?), or Movin' on Down the Line), this office has interest in one.
Please reply off list if one has such a glass plate carrier.

I think a collection of roady songs could be successfully marketed on
telly...you know how they keep repackaging oldies by grouping them as
instumental hits, doo-wop songs, ballads, poodle skirt rock, that sort of
thing...Heck, the listserve has already come up with enough tunes to
tantalize any record executive....We could even be stars...posing for
appropriate film footage to complement those commercials. A few on a train;
a few on a plane; a lone sole driving down the road, going who knows where;
a mournful archvist thumbing a ride, backpack full of documents....I think
this has real possibilities...

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library