Re: Request for used archives boxes

>      The library at Shenandoah National Park is in need of about 150+
used,
>      letter-size, archive document boxes to house its collection of
unbound
>      scientific reports.  Currently the reports are stored on open shelves
>      and they are deteriorating, so the plan is to put them in folders and
>      boxes.  Since these are not, for the most part, record copies, used
>      boxes would suffice.  We are a federal agency, albeit a poor one, and
>      we would accept with dignity any transfers of surplus property.  The
>      National Park Service would, of course, be willing to pay the
shipping
>      costs to Luray, Virginia.  If anyone has some used boxes they could
>      send our way, we'll put them to good use.  Thanks.
>
>      Harry Heiss, archivist
>      Shenandoah National Park
>      Harry_Heiss@nps.gov
>      540.999.3414

In the midst of the greatest economic expansion in world history, an agency
of our government, one which is performing important duties in preserving
our national heritage, is reduced to begging for handouts. Meanwhile, the
richest Americans are showered with an embarrassment of riches via a
transfer of funds from our national treasury that would make even John D
Rockefeller blush.  I fear for the future of my country.

Howard Smith
Bremerton, WA

"From those who have much, much is expected"
JC