Re: Freedom Train & topical confusion

I've noticed the last few postings about the "Freedom Train" subject.
There's some subject confusion apparent.

The ethno-socio-political "Freedom Train" is entirely different from the two
different, Freedom Trains (on rails) that traversed the US. The first of
these, diesel-powered trains toured the nation in the late 1940s; the other
was a steam-powered, Bicentennial commemorative/celebratory tour that
covered most of the US between 1975 and 1977.

Kevin V. Bunker
Student Assistant
California State Archives