Volunteers in the archives

Can anyone tell me how they use volunteers in the archives?  What kinds of
jobs they do...  Level of responsibility you give a volunteer.  We are in
the process of revising our volunteer policies, procedures, job
descriptions, etc... and was curious to know what others do or how they
handle volunteers in the archives.

Thanks very much-

Lisa Moellering
Holocaust Museum Houston