Re: Numbering glossy prints.

Ketina,

We are in the midst of cataloging a number of our glass plate negatives.
Part of that included having prints made from them. I had the prints made so
there is a white border around them & we write on the back in the border
area with the Light Impressions photo pen/marker. I have noticed some
bleed-through, but since we have copy negatives made from the photos before
we marked on them, I'm not too worried. Besides, the bleed-through is in the
border & not through the images.

I have also used the Light Impressions photo pen/marker to write on the
mylar sleeve that the photo is in. Works well on glassene, too, for
negatives. I get the feeling that is the intended use of the L.I. marker. I
try to make sure all of our photos are in mylar sleeves, so the risk of it
wiping off (it passed me trying to smudge it with a sweaty thumb during
these hot days) on another image is minimal.

I am glad to hear there is pencil that will write on the backs of glossy
photos. I have just added another item to my wish list & to my list of handy
things to have in the office to give out to other departments for their
records (like Marketing - all those photos!).

Good luck!! Thanks to all who shared on the listserv!
Bridgette

Bridgette A. Kelly, Special Collections Manager
Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
714 N. Portage Path
Akron, OH  44303
ph: 330-315-3232   fax: 330-836-2680