Re: Numbering glossy prints.

Just a quick observation about china marking pencils based on some earlier
experience (not in marking photos, but in using these for other purposes).
China markers are based on a wax + carbon (or dye for other than black
markers) mix, and my past experience demonstrated that the wax, if allowed
any prolonged warmth, can soften and move around (bleed). Just a thought...

Kevin V. Bunker
Student Assistant
California State Archives