Re: Help needed - promotion(?) opportunity

> Our Managing Director has submitted his resignation, and I've been
> approached about taking his place.

Not much help with your request, but just a point of view:

For me, the transition from archivist (not a "Lone Arranger" but
close) to minor functionary (i.e., mid- to low-level manager) has not
been the happiest one; sometimes I see my staff working on
collections and getting all excited about some interesting new thing
they found, and then it's time for me to go to another meeting, write
another memo or report, justify why I need a new printer or one of
my staff needs a raise to the library finance people, answer the
phone, whatever; what I do now is far from working on collections,
which is what attracted me to the job in the first place.  Sigh!  I feel
like Homer Simpsom denied his doughnuts.  I always half-jokingly
say of my staff that they do all the work, I just do the paperwork.
So good luck Tom!  If in your new exalted position you decide you
really don't need all those shots of mining machinery in Utah, you
can send them to us!

Just kidding,

Roy

Roy Webb, C.A.