Re: Photographic Cataloging Databases

Our Photo Archivist has used FileMaker Pro database software for our
photograph cataloguing (which generally includes scanning images) and for
our on-line database of digital images (www.photos.lib.az.us).  Check into
FileMaker! (www.filemaker.com).  I have used it for other archives projects
and it is easier to use than anything else I've tried, including MS Access.
You'll have to decide if it is cost prohibitive.
Jeff Malcomson, Archivist
History and Archives Division
Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records
State Capitol, 1700 W. Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: 602-542-4159    Toll Free in AZ: 1-800-255-5841
Fax: 602-542-4402
Web site: http://www.lib.az.us/archives/index.html