Re: Thanks aka How the value of this listserve has decreased

I agree...a marked decrease of value because of the direct
museum in Bonn: they have the composer's visitors notebook in which the, by
then, deaf genius could read questions asked by such visitors as Rossini.
Of course we can read the compelling questions too, but there were no
answers recorded for posterity.  Like incoming correspondence only.  Sigh.