Re: Archives with research proposals

Elizabeth,

Here at Oregon State University, the retention schedule only calls for these
records to be kept for 18 months after submission.  I quote below from the
Oregon Administrative Rules:

(6) Grant Proposal Unfunded Records
This series documents grant proposals developed by institutional units which
have not been funded. This series may include but is not limited to:
supporting statistics;
demographic data; draft proposals; suggested revisions; final proposals; and
related documentation and correspondence.

Record Copy: Contract Administration
Retention: 18 months after submission

Other copies: Principal investigators, Units
Retention: 18 months after submission

I hope this information helps you.  By the way, these records do need to be
destroyed confidentionally.

Janet Wendt
Janet M. Wendt
Staff Archivist, University Archives