From: Janet Wendt
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Sent: 8/30/01 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: Friday Funnies...a bit early

Here at the Oregon State University Archives, we get requests for
information on great-great-grandfather/grandmother who was a professor
here
and started the English Department, the law school (we don't have a law
school), head of the ROTC, etc.  Or he was the football player who
scored
the winning touchdown in (take your choice of years)...  Then we look
and
find out that either he/she never attended, or perhaps taught here a few
years as an instructor.  It is funny how these family legends grow...

Janet Wendt
Janet M. Wendt, C.A.
Staff Archivist
Oregon State University Archives