Re: History on the web

There is also a terrific book called "News: the politics of illusion" by W.
Lance Bennett, (White Plains, NY: Longman Publishers, c1996).  The title itself
is explanatory, but one would be shocked by some of the case studies, especially
one on p. 42 in reference to the Persian Gulf War.  I only mention this because
of all the current media portrayal of the Palestinians. This book will really
educate you on media tactics, such as the ones currently being used during this
time of crisis.

Kristi Warab
Wheelock College
Technical Services Librarain