Re: Instant urban legend

"STEVEN P. FISHER" wrote:

>  There is nothing comical about what happened yesterday, but a bizarre
> offshoot began in the Denver area last night. Suddenly long lines appeared
> at gas stations

I was off-campus visiting a donor about 3pm yesterday, and
when I left him, noticed that I needed gas.  I pulled into the station
and saw every pump in use--a few were already empty--and
it took me a few seconds to put two and two together.  I got
a pump fairly quickly and filled up, but I noticed the same thing
this morning on the way to work.

The ripples from this have just begun, I think.

Ed Frank
U of Memphis Libraries