From:   Brooke Lippy [SMTP:BrookeL@MAIL.UCA.EDU]
Sent:   Wednesday, September 12, 2001 5:34 PM
To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject:        Oral History Transcripts

Greetings,

I am not an archivist, but a cataloger in search of some information.

Here at UCA the oral history tapes have been transcribed and
bound as paper documents. These are housed in the archives
separately from the tapes.

My question is: How do other institutions handle these paper
documents?

Does your catalog staff do full MARC cataloging in a public utility
complete with LC subject headings and classification? Or is it only
in the local catalog? Do you just have a finding aid of some sort?
Are the paper copies simply attached to the record for the
tape/primary source?

Thank you for any help you can give.
*Brooke Lippy
Brooke Lippy, Catalog Librarian