Procite

 Looking through numerous responses, I have
> not yet seen any advocates of PROCITE. We
> have used this for indexing, cataloging of
> manuscripts, bibliographies, container lists
> etc. These materials can easily be placed on the
> web site of your institution. It is inexpensive.
> Everything is accessible by word or any subject
> terms you need.I.e. Type or scan in your descriptive/
> container lists and every word will be accessible.

I've been using Procite for a number of years (upgrading as it improves) in
databasing a manuscript collection. It is fairly flexible as far as
designing your own workform for specific projects. The keywords build as you
add themso searching is easy. Unfortunately printouts are in bibliography
form and single page printing seems to be unavailable- . I haven't done
anything as far as putting it on a website.

Nancy Piatkowski