PROCITE

I have been using Procite for probably 14 years.  I liked it much better in
its stand alone version than I do in its network version.  It is still easy
to search, and you can change field names to whatever is your choice.  While
you have to print as a bibliography, you can set the printing format to your
choice of printing styles. I used to be able to print a single page but
haven't done it in a long time.   In other words, you don't have to choose a
bibliographic printing format.  Procite has become reasonably complicated in
the last few years.  Their manual which will tell you everything you ever
wanted to know about the program, eventually will show you how to do what
you want to do with it.  Our systems department has a copy and I purchased
my own personal copy which I have next to the computer.  Help with the
program used to be just a phone call to UMich but now it is an e-mail to
California.  If you can explain your problem, they usually can help or send
you to your own systems department.  Most of the problems now are network
related.  Our network went down the other day and the student computer which
also accesses my database will not allow access to the program. It takes a
particular person in the building to fix it.  If you have a stand along
program, you are home free.   It is a good program & I have never lost any
data with it.

Mary Boccaccio
East Carolina Manuscript Collection
East Carolina University