Flag etiquette

I'm hoping to take advantage of the collective
knowledge of this list to answer a question I'm
struggling with about flag etiquette. As everyone
else, we have lowered out flag to half mast.  As it
happens, we have 4 flags on one mast (U.S., POW/MIA,
CA, and City).  It's a little tricky lowering them to
half mast and not have the bottom one too close to the
ground.

The Library Director has asked me to research if there
is a maximum number of flags allowed on one mast.
I've looked through the codes and didn't find anything
that addressed this issue.

Any suggestions?

Mary Beth Hayes
Reference/Arcadia History