FW: Call for Papers - update

For your information and submission of proposals. The conference dates have
now been set.

Bryan Corbett
University Archivist,
University of Alberta,
Book and Records Depository,
100, 8170- 50 St.
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
T6B 1E6
Tel: 1-(780)-466-6123
Fax: 1-(780)-466-5210
e-mail: Bryan.Corbett@Ualberta.ca
Archives Website: www.ualberta.ca/archives
Association of Canadian Archivists Website: http://aca.archives.ca

This is updated information re call for papers with dates confirmed and new
aca website address:

CALL FOR PAPERS

ACA 2002: Archival Exploration and Innovation

Association of Canadian Archivists
2002 Annual Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia
Date: 20-25 May 2002
Exploration brought humans to the Pacific boundary of Canada from all
corners of the world. Whether they migrated from the north, crossed the
Pacific Ocean, or came overland through the mountains from the east;
exploration and innovation determined human survival and expansion within a
new and exciting physical environment. Archival exploration has fostered the
development of an innovative archival profession in Canada: crossing
traditional boundaries, opening frontiers, and going on ahead in unexplored
territory is if to "seek out a new land".

ACA 2002 brings an opportunity for archivists to examine archival
exploration and innovation: from where we have been, and how we use the
lessons of our past to meet the challenges and demands of today, to the
"hyper-age" and digital environments of the 21st century and to who knows
what the future might hold for archivists. The ACA 2002 Conference Program
Committee invites you to submit proposals for consideration in the planning
of next year's ACA conference in Vancouver, British Columbia. The conference
has a broad theme because we want to attract proposals on any and all
aspects of archival theory and practice, professional issues of importance
to the Canadian archival profession, and the Canadian archival system,
particularly those that have presented the greatest challenges to archivists
in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

SUBMITTING PROPOSALS:

The conference sessions will be determined on the basis of the proposals
received. The Program Committee encourages individuals to submit completely
developed session proposals, including the confirmed participation of the
speakers. A form will be available in the ACA Bulletin and on the ACA
Website (<http://aca.archives.ca>).  Submitting your session proposal in
electronic form is strongly encouraged.

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS IS 30 SEPTEMBER 2001.

Session proposals and any questions concerning the conference program should

be sent to the 2002 Program Chair:

Julie Morris
Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management
6016 University Avenue
Halifax, NS Canada B3H 1W4
PHONE:  (902) 424-6064   FAX: (902)424-0628
E-mail: <morrisjm@gov.ns.ca>