Re: Question--main entry for terrorist attack, 9-11-2001

I really should follow-up briefly, if only to point out I do know the
difference between a main entry and a subject heading.

The main entry is generally the "creator" (didn't this come up last week on
another cataloguing query?), and frankly, I believe the quandary is that at
this point only the terrorists themselves and investigators who probably
arren't going to tell us ajust now even if they do have the evdence, know the
names of those the devised and planned this incident (there is a difference
between intellectual creation and execution--sorry, the double entendre was
accidental).  Of course, there's always "Anonymous" but even in these cases
one generally defers to the "title" of the work, and yes, the common phrase
logically should be the one used for main entry, but as I indicated earlier,
while WTC is the point everyone talks about, it is not fully encompassing as
a geographic term.  The date is more fully encompassing than a geographical
point.

I do fully expect it to end up as the WTC attacks of Septmber 2001, but had
to say my piece.

Holly Hodges