Re: acid-free paper

--- Thomas Berry <tberry@HCEA.NET> wrote:
> It might be cheaper just to buy the paper unpunched, then take it
> to a copy
> shop and have them punch it for you.

Another option:

For under $10, you can buy an acid-testing pen from such suppliers as
Light Impressions.  The Rare Book curator at my library tells me that
most standard commercial copy paper is already low or no-acid, and
I've seen him pull an ordinary sheet of paper from the recycle bin
and test it to prove his point.

=====
"My heart is moved by all I cannot save:
So much has been destroyed
I have to cast my lot with those
who, age after age, perversely, with no extraordinary
power, reconstitute the world."  -Adrienne Rich
   Cynthia Van Ness, bettybarcode@yahoo.com
   http://cynthia.is-online.net