reminder: STHC endorsements of SAA program proposals

Dear Colleagues,

Just a reminder (as the deadline approaches), the Science, Technology,
and Health Care (STHC) Roundtable of the Society of American Archivists
will be endorsing proposals for the SAA annual meeting.  If you will be
submitting a proposal to SAA for next year's meeting and the topic of
your proposal pertains to sci/tech/health care issues/records/papers,
please consider submitting it to us for endorsement.   We are also
interested in cosponsoring sessions with other roundtables and
sections.

If you would like to publicly discuss STHC program ideas or recruit
speakers/discussants, consider doing so by signing on to and using
STHC-L, the Science, Technology, and Health Care Archives Forum; the
information sheet may be found at:
http://www.neurosciencearchives.org/sthc/sthc.htm

Completed proposals should be submitted to one of the STHC Co-Chairs --
Lisa Mix or Russell Johnson -- by October 1 for endorsement
consideration to ensure that the STHC Steering Committee will have the
opportunity to review all proposals in advance of the SAA Program
Committee deadline of Friday, October 6,2001.  The proposal form is
available online at:
http://www.archivists.org/conference/proposal_call.html

Members of the STHC Steering Committee are also available and willing
to aid you in developing a proposal.  These folks are listed at:
http://www.neurosciencearchives.org/sthc/sth01062.htm and
http://www.neurosciencearchives.org/sthc/sth01066.htm

When the STHC Steering Committee met in Washington DC, we added a new
position:  Student Representative.  We especially urge program proposal
coordinators to consider inviting students to participate in their
panels.  Please contact our Student Rep, Kalpana Shankar
[kshankar@ucla.edu], for more information and to be put in touch with
the archival student network:

Cheers from the STHC-Co-Chairs,

Russell Johnson