From: John Fowler [mailto:johnhowardfowler@JUNO.COM]
Sent: 27 September, 2001 2:23 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: A modest proposal

Well, another day on the archives listserve with vitriolic diatribes and
banal assertions of the self-evident (or at least the commonly accepted).

I know it get a little lonely down in the basement with only one's dry
and dusty records to keep one compny, but still, folks, as much as I like
a round-about palaver as well as the next guy, enough may well be enough.

Many other Lists have a list master, someone who filters the materials
for relevance and compliance to the rules (such as those on attachments).
 I suggest that this LIST has a great need for such a coordinator.  The
person should be someone who reads every posting every day, anyway, so as
not to add an additional burden.  It should also be someone who has
professional status and who can be trusted to maintain professionalism on
the list.

Mr. Minor's suggestion that we choose Mr. Kurilecz for such a post
(sarcastic as it might have been) seems to me an excellent suggestion.

JHF

John Howard Fowler, PhD, MLIS
Consulting Archivist
3221 W. 177th