Conference deadline fast approaching

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the October 6th deadline is fast approaching for the
upcoming New York/Ontario Chapter of Music Library Association conference,
already previously announced.

If you plan to attend and are running behind in getting your form in, you
can email your form to Carole Vidali right away, and then mail the form and
check to her for payment.

Included below is the orginal posting, in case you need it once again.

Jane

<MLA-L@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU>
>From:         Jane Subramanian <subramjm@POTSDAM.EDU>
>Subject:      [MLA-L] New York State/Ontario Chapter MLA 2001 Annual
Meeting -
>              Syracuse, NY
>To:           MLA-L@LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU
>
>The New York State/Ontario Chapter of Music Library Association is pleased
>to announce the program for the 2001 Annual Meeting, to be held at Syracuse
>University on October 12-13, 2001. We welcome both members of the chapter
>and nonmembers to attend.
>
>This year's program contains many interesting sessions, both for those
>interested in music librarianship and those interested in archival
>resources as well. The Belfer Audio Archive tour and talk, as well as
>presentations on Saturday, time appropriately to help celebrate Archives
Week.

>Please note that there is no registration fee. We are thankful that
>Syracuse University will be covering the cost of parking, refreshments, and
>the Continental breakfast on Saturday. Our special thanks to Carole Vidale
>for all of her hard work on the local arrangements and program.
>
>Those seeking accommodations should note that hotel reservations should be
>made as early as possible because of other conferences and activities
>happening at the same time in Syracuse making rooms more in demand. Some
>suggested hotels are given below.
>
>Those needing to park on campus should be sure to indicate to Carole Vidale
>that they will need parking authorization for Friday (Saturday is no
>problem). For any logistics questions, you may also contact Carole at (315)
>443-9779 or email her at cfvidali@library.syr.edu.
>
>Please return your registration form located at the end of this message by
>September 25th if you plan to attend the Sweet Charity drama performance,
>and by October 6th  otherwise.
>
>Feel free to contact us with any questions, and for more information about
>the organization, our website is available at http://www.fredonia.edu/nyso/
>
>Jane M. Subramanian
>Vice-Chair/Chair Elect
>New York State/Ontario Chapter of Music Library Association
>
>Program:
>
>New York State/Ontario Chapter Music Library Association 2001 Annual
>Meeting - Syracuse, NY
>
>Friday, October 12, 2001
>
>12:30-1:30 PM   Arrival/Registration/Reception
>                                Bird Library - 1916 Room
>
>1:30 PM         Opening Remarks
>                (Carole Vidali, Music Librarian, Syracuse University Library)
>
>1:45 PM         Classical Music: Who's listening?  Audiences Now and in
the                Future
>                (Andrew Waggoner, composer, Syracuse University School of
             Music)

>2:30 PM         Break
>
>3:00 PM         Belfer Audio Archive: Tour and talk including a
description of
>ongoing projects
>                (Sue Stinson, Curator, Belfer Audio Archive)
>
>4:15 PM         Break
>
>4:30 PM         The Making of a CD: From Idea to Studio to Market
>                (David Rezak, Music Industry Program, Syracuse University
             School of
>Music and founder/owner DMR Booking Agency)
>
>5:45 PM         Dinner, Phoebe's Garden Café (Irving Avenue at East
Genesee           St.,
>across from Syracuse Stage and Arthur Storch Theater)
>
>8:00 PM         Arthur Storch Theater: Syracuse University Drama
     Department
>production of Cy Coleman's Sweet Charity, 8pm           (group rate is $10
if we
>have at least 10 people)
>

>Saturday October 13, 2001
>
> 8:15 AM        Continental Breakfast - Location TBA
>
> 9:15 AM        Digitizing Music Recordings: Projects, Prospects and
Issues             for
>the Library Community
>                (Gerry Szymanski, Sibley Music Library, University of
     Rochester; Lenore
>Coral, Sidney Cox Library of Music and          Dance, Cornell University)
>
>10:00 AM        The Ernst Bacon Archive at Syracuse University
>                 (Dale Vargason, Sibley Music Library, University of
     Rochester)

>10:45 AM        Break
>
>11:00 AM        The Early Film Music of Franz Waxman and "Bride of
     Frankenstein"
>                (Gerry Szymanski, Sibley Music Library, University of
     Rochester)

>11:45 PM        Business Meeting
>
>12:15 PM        Tour of Fine Arts Library, Bird Library 4th floor (Carole
>Vidali) and Special Collections (Carolyn Davis / Kenneth
Lavender,
> [...]
>
>Information about getting to  the University can be found at the following
>A map of parking is at: http://www.syr.edu/parking/north_map.html.   Free
>parking will be provided in the University Place lot which is  the long
>rectangular lot off of Comstock and before the first toll  booth at
>University Place. Parking in the Merion lot on Saturday should be free as
>there are no campus events that weekend. Directions to SU can be seen  at
>http://www.syr.edu/syracwis/imagerep/maps/campuslocator.gif.
>
>Hotels:
>
>The following are  some recommended hotels though there are many others in
>range:
>
>The closest to the campus (and very near the Library) is the
>        Sheraton University Hotel & Conference Center
>                801 University Avenue, Syracuse 13210 US
>        1-800-395-2105 (US or Canada) reservations
>        (double room c. $139; AAA member discount $125.)
>        www.syracusesheraton.com
>
>        Golden Tulip Genesee Inn
>                1030 East Genesee Street
>                Syracuse, NY 13210 US
>        1-315-476-4212
>        Rates c. $69-99 for a double room
>        Walking distance to the University
>
>        Econo Lodge Dewitt
>                3400 Erie Boulevard East
>                DeWitt, NY 13214 US
>        1-315-446-3300 or 1-100-55-ECONO
>        About 4 miles from the University.
>        Rates from $99 (senior--over 50 and AAA) to
>        $120 depending on room type

>----------------------
>MLA NY/Ontario Chapter Fall Meeting at Syracuse, NY
>Registration Form:
>
>Check all that apply:
>

>_____ I will attend the Fall Meeting
>
>_____I will need parking authorization for Friday October 12, 2001
>
>Dinner at Phoebe's Garden Café (Parlor Room)
>
>Cost for each of the complete dinner choices below = $25.00 gratuity
>included; pre-payment by October 6th required; make check to: NY/Ontario
>Chapter Music Library Assoc. and mail to: Carole Vidali, 337 Tecumseh Rd.,
>Syracuse NY 13224)
>
>_____I will not attend the dinner
>
>_____I will attend the dinner
>
>        Menu Choices:
>
>1. London Broil         __________
>
>2.   Chicken Marsala    __________
>
>3.   Farfalle alla Vodka        __________
>      (vegetarian)
>
>Nos. 1 and 2 with choice of potato and vegetable of the day
>
>All of the above with salad, non-alcoholic beverage, and dessert.
>
>Cash bar.
>

>Tickets for Sweet Charity: Syracuse University Drama Department, Arthur
>Storch Theater, 8PM, Oct. 12.
>
>**Mail by Sept. 25th to Carole Vidali for Sweet Charity tickets**
>
>If at least 10 attend ticket price is $10. 00 (a savings of $7.00!)
>
>I do not plan to attend Sweet Charity   _________________
>
>I do plan to attend Sweet Charity       _________________
>Enclosed is my check for $10 made out to
>Syracuse Stage (prepayment required for
>special rate).
>
>Mail registration form to:      Carole Vidali

Jane M. Subramanian                  Phone: (315) 267-3326
F.W. Crumb Library                   Fax: (315) 267-2744
SUNY Potsdam                          E-mail: subramjm@potsdam.edu
Potsdam, N.Y. 13676