Networked Printer/Copier machines

Hi all, I have a problem.  Our university has decided to change out all of
our copiers and computer printers with networked copier/printer machines to
handle all our copying, printing, scanning, and faxing needs.  Great you
say, but the Archives will probably not have a machine.  Any copy jobs,
preservation copying, printing from the computer, etc... will go to the new
networked machine either on the first floor (I'm on the fifth floor, and the
elevators are *SCARY*) or to Human Resources located on the fifth floor of
the library (I do not have a key to their offices, but I am on good terms
with HR employees).  Does anyone else have the same sort of problems (no
copier or printer readily available near your office/research room)?  If so,
what are your photocopying policies (obviously, I would not be able to allow
patrons to make their own copies, and as I am the only Archives person, I
guess I will add photocopying to my job description).  How do you handle
preservation copying?  Bulk copying?  Aack!   Of course, I may get a machine
of my own which would negate a lot of these problems.  I'm supposed to email
the pros and cons of having/not having a copier/printer in the Archives
room.  I can think of several pro and con points, but if some of you email
me your stories I may have more ammunition.  Thanks in advance, Christina

Christina Wolf
Archivist & Special Collections Librarian
Dulaney-Browne Library
Oklahoma City University
2501 N. Blackwelder
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-1493