Re: Friday Funnies - early

WOW!

When this thread is done I hope all you old folks will compile the
definitions of these things and post them to the list for the rest of us!

OK, OK, so nobody's fooled - I've used these things too, when they were
state of the art.  Although our home is cluttered with a wide assortment of
dead technology, my daughter was still able to come home from 1st grade
amazed because their school  has a television with the picture tube replaced
by an aquarium.  I replied, "Oh, that's clever," and she responded with "No
daddy, the cool thing is the TV is made of REAL WOOD!"

Expecting my Victrola hardware to play back its software long after the last
CD delaminates,

Steven

Steven Brown
Head, University Archives & Records Management
Hargrett Library
Main Library
University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia  30602
sabrown@arches.uga.edu

Archives:  http://www.libs.uga.edu/hargrett/archives/index.html
Records:  http://www.libs.uga.edu/recman/www.html

"I am sorry to hear of the removal of Prof. M.  I wish him well for what he
has been, - and for his present merits - but as his principles are
contagious, it will be best for him I think to go where they can do no harm
as in Georgia he will find Jacobins formed to his hand - and who are past
being polluted."

 -  Jedidiah Morse on the departure of Joisah Meigs to assume the presidency
of the University of Georgia, 1801.