Re: friday funnies early

This thread has gotten me thinking, I am in my mid-30's.  <- involved story follows ->
My parents had a rather large record selection (mostly swing) when I was growing up and I also remember my father signing songs like 'this old house' and others.

When my future wife visited my parents at one point she asked if my parents had a copy of Benny Goodman's Sing, Sing, Sing. My mothers reply was that no they did not like the fast music.

Fastforward about 10 years when I had picked up several of the 'new swing' CDs. On one of them there is a track that is a cover of Sing, Sing, Sing - and they actually are singing the words. I had forgotten there were words to the song (Watch Nick and Nora - aka 'The Thin Man' - there is a scene in one of the movies of a party and they sing the words also.) I also listen to Brain Setzer, and he has done covers of 'This Old House', 'Pennsylvania 6-5000', 'Route 66' and others.

Somethings don't get out dated, just repackaged.
-Doug