Methadone Maintenance Research

Hi everyone-

I'm doing some research on the establishment of methadone maintenance clinics in the late 60s and early 70s, particularly clinics set up in the Boston area (e.g. Boston City Hospital, East Boston Drug Clinic, Mattapan Chronic Disease Hospital, Mass General).  Does anyone know if and where I might be able to access archives related to this topic?  I'd also love to look at records from community organizations that were set up in opposition to the clinics.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks a lot,
Janice