Re: Certification

Just to correct a misapprehension:

You do not have to take the test again to recertify; you may recertify by petition. From the Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA) website--"Recertifying by petition uses a point system to reward experience, continuing education, and contributions to the profession. ... Recertification by petition provides the only professional forum for recognizing and rewarding the normal professional activities in which archivists routinely engage." ARMA uses a similar method for recertification, as I understand it. Also, there is no recertification fee.

The _ACA Handbook_ includes sample questions. For more information, visit the ACA site at http://www.certifiedarchivists.org/  Hope this helps.

Jim Cross, C.A.
Manuscripts Archivist
Special Collections