Re: Digitization plans

I am interested in this question also. I would especially like to hear what, if anything, repositories are doing about copyright (or lack thereof) of items, especially ephemera, that they are digitizing to mount on the Internet. I would guess that anything published before 1976 without a copyright statement should be considered not copyright, but are other people working on this assumption? Are people writing to the organization, etc., that produced the items they are digitizing to request permission beforehand?

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Jill Hurst <hurst@HURSTASSOCIATES.COM> 10/14/01 08:40PM >>>
I am beginning a project to develop a digitization plan for (in essence) a
consortium of libraries.  The plan will discuss what (memorabilia,
articles, photos, etc.) the group might digitize in the future, how that
digitization might occur, how priorities would be set, etc.