RAIN addendum

I usually send RAIN links to Peter, but I wanted to add my own
accolade to this story. The Poughkeepsie Journal has a series called
Neighbors that profiles people who are making a difference in their
community. At the link, you'll find the rest of the story. Joyce Ghee
was Dutchess County Historian for several years, but (the story
doesn't include this) when Dutchess County decided that they would set
the budget for the County Historian at $500 a year, she decided to
leave (they still haven't found anyone to fill the post at that
price). As you can see, she is still quite active in local and
regional historical activities. When I became Documentary Heritage
Program Regional Archivist five years ago (I left that position two
years ago), Joyce was the chair of my Advisory Committee, and was
invaluable to me.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/monday/community/stories/co101501s5.shtml

Historian spends 25 years chronicling Dutchess

A unique combination of skill and experience led to Joyce
Ghee becoming perhaps Dutchess County's most noted
historian.
It's not something you will hear from Ghee herself.
Asked what keeps her going after a quarter century working
to preserve and promote the history of the area, Ghee refers
to her ''mentors'' from the past.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America