My reply to Cahterine Buck

Sorry about the empty  message.  My reply to Catherine is below in case
others in interested.

Catherine,

I would try to locate a new lab.  Do you have a signed contract with
them?  If you do, then depending on the terms you have agreed upon, they

may be in violation of the agreement.

There is a lab in Pittsburgh that I will absolutely not work with.  They

have on two occasions not delivered on promises and I find their work to

be substandard.  I am fortunate in that we have an excellent
photographic lab associated with the university.  They do all my copy
work.  Items they cannot handle go to one of the best labs in the city.
I am very fortunate in this respect.

Does your university have a photographic services department?  It is
worth investigating.  I would look to see if there is a professional
photographic lab in your city or near where you are.  They should be
able to handle your requests.  If none of these are available to you, it

might be worth seeing if there is a very reputable photographer in the
city who can do the work for you under contract.  Whatever you do, make
sure you have a contract with your specifications and needs outlined in
detail.

--
Miriam Meislik,MLS
Associate Archivist

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/index.html

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
--Steven Wright